Head of Operations
We’re looking for analytical and highly driven operation professional to take up the role of Head of Operations on a full-time basis.
This position is intended for operation experts with at least 4+ years of full-time senior level operational experience in the fields of e-commerce and retail, preferably from food industry.
This position is based in Helsinki, Finland (Kamppi, Lapinlahdenkatu 16) and it requires fluent Finnish and English language skills. Fluent Finnish skill is required in this position.
Ambronite's mission is to transform humans and our planet from surviving to thriving, through a sustainable plant-based lifestyle. We are helping urban professionals to live their life to the fullest by creating delicious, plant-based foods designed for a modern lifestyle.
Ambronite has customers in over 30 countries and has been covered by e.g. TIME Magazine, Wired, Wallpaper and Business Insider. We are venture backed by investors such as Jawed Karim (YouTube co-founder) and Lifeline Ventures. http://ambronite.com/
We continue to grow both in e-commerce and retail channels around Europe. Our main focus in Complete Meal Shake product, and on top of that we will introduce new product lines.
The position includes the whole material flow from procurement, warehousing, product management, back-office sales to inbound and outbound logistics.
The mission of the position: Make stock management a centre of excellence within the business, implementing purchasing, manufacturing and logistics processes that allow the business to scale to 5x of our current volumes. This means: zero stock outs, improvement in cash conversions, clear stock reporting data & improvement in vendor relations.
The key part of the work is coordination and negotiations with our partners, vendors and logistics center, and negotiating agreements with them.
Position reports directly to the CEO and works closely with CFO as well as all of our supply chain and backend partners.
Outcome 1: Implement cost cut initiative (without sacrificing the high-quality ingredients we have). Decrease per unit purchasing and manufacturing costs 20% during 2019 (ingredients sourcing, packaging and logistics)
Outcome 2: Build solid forecasts to predict manufacturing needs and place purchase orders on-time to achieve zero stock-outs at all times
Outcome 3: Design, document and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to all key processes: forecasting manufacturing needs, inventory reporting & integration to financial reporting and ingredient purchasing -- completed within the first 3 months after starting in the position
In nutshell, this position includes:
- Driving profitability (Gross margin) and shorten cash conversion cycle (CCC) by implementing strategical improvements and cost cut initiatives (without sacrificing the high-quality ingredients we have!).
- Achieve inventory accuracy of at least 99% based on the item/SKU count with daily updates to the sales team,
- Achieve zero stock-outs at all times
- Achieve 100% on-time same day shipment of all sales orders in stock.
- Accountable for operations cost performance; including purchasing, manufacturing, outbound shipping costs. Negotiating with different logistics service vendors in different countries
- Build solid forecasts to predict manufacturing needs
- Create weekly sales reporting of every single retail store locations we are listed to support sales
- Define, document and implement quality standards for manufacturing process. Coordinate work between 3rd party laboratories for heavy-metal and vitamin testings
- Cultivate a culture of creative process discipline based on standard work principles
- Apply visual management that drives reality-based decision making (dashboard)
- Cultivate a culture of excellence that is consistently seeking to Raise the Bar.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in senior level operations positions at branded wholesale/retail/ecommerce business
- Proven track record of building operational excellence and hitting the KPIs
- Ability to constantly grow professionally and Raise The Bar in our processes
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail; experience building excel models
- Demonstrated capabilities building trust and communicating fluently with numerous partners
- Tech skills are a plus (integrations between different systems)
Competencies: Analytical, Intelligence, High attention to detail, Curious Problem Solver, Proactive/Self-directed, Solid People and Communication Skills, Accountability, Integrity/honesty, Organization and Planning, Work Ethic, Teacher and Teachable, Follow-through on commitments, Constantly Raise the Bar
What do you get?
- Competitive salary with a stock options package
- You get to be part of a small effective team: you are working directly with co-founders
- Your work will have a direct impact on the success of Ambronite
- An unlimited stock of Ambronite products for personal use :)
- Learn more about Ambronite culture in this blog post and in this culture mini-book.
- This is a full-time role at our Helsinki office in Finland (Lapinlahdenkatu 16)
- The position requires occasional traveling in Europe to meet our manufacturing and logistics partners (about once a quarter)
Application process - does this sound like you?:
- After sending your application, please also send max 3 min long video introduction of yourself
- In the video, please briefly 1) introduce yourself, 2) your previous operation experience, 3) why you would like to work for Ambronite, and 4) why we should select you
- The video should be shot with a mobile phone (no need for high production quality).
- Please send the video with Whatsapp to Mikko at +358504117282 after you’ve submitted your application
For more information regarding the position and application process, you may contact Mikko Ikola (050 411 7282, mikko (at) ambronite.com)